Tuesday, September 13, 2011

NEWS from Room 156

Dear Parents,

Well, we have now had six days of school and the children are adjusting to their new routines, getting back into the swing of things! There are several things I wanted to mention to you.
First, I would like to thank Carola Gray and Joanne Mellon for taking on the task of being the Grade Parents for our class. I would also like to thank Dawn MacKay for volunteering to be our Scholastic Mom for the year and MJ, Carola's Nanny for helping out with book bags on Mondays and Fridays. All the work that these ladies do helps me tremendously, and in the long run, you as well!
Thank you to many of you who have filled out trip forms, pizza forms and school forms...such an onerous job! If you have not filled them out yet, please try and send them in by Friday at the latest.
As you are aware the children have all signed a Classroom Contract relating to classroom rules and routines. I am trying to encourage responsibility, consideration and respect for others. The children are quickly learning that they must understand the significance of what they have signed!! I appreciate your support in helping me in this endeavour.
Picture Day is next week on Wednesday morning, Sept. 21st.
Curriculum Night is on Thursday, Sept.22nd in Room 155 next door to our classroom. Mrs. Wilson and I are presenting together in her room. There will not be time to visit our classroom as all staff have to meet in the gym after our presentation. That is also why I had Open House last Friday. Thank you to all who were able to attend.
Thank you again for your continued support.

No comments: