Friday, May 27, 2011

News

Dear Parents,
I am slowly recovering from my surgery. I will continue to teach for half days for the next little while with Mrs. Cooke. She will be back on Monday from Italy!
The children are working so well and I am really proud of them. They have all developed excellent work habits that will stand them in good stead for grade three.
We have been working on 3D shapes and starting next week we will be learning about fractions. This will be followed by probability and then multiplication.
In science we are continuing with the animal project. I am asking the children to finish their good draft at school. Then they will take it home and mount it on their poster board with pictures and any other pertinent information. We are a bit behind schedule and that is why I sent the rough draft home. The completed project is due on Monday, June 6th. Please make sure that your child has made jot notes for their presentation on their animal.
In social studies, we will begin a study of four different countries and compare them to Canada. The four countries are France, Japan, Kenya and Australia. The children will be divided up into four groups of five and then each group will be given a country to research. They will be working together in the classroom in their groups. They may need your support in researching their particular topic (ie., climate, geography, celebrations, etc.) on the internet. We will also be using the library here at school.
The fairy tales are coming to an end this week!! I am hoping to have them published by mid June at the latest. By publishing, I mean Mrs. Cooke and I will be the publishers!
I know this is a busy time of year for all of us. I want to thank you for your support in helping to make all these projects, trips and in class endeavours happen.
Please don't forget Wed., June 1st is All Fired Up...your child needs to bring in their $20.00 on Monday, Tuesday the latest. June 2nd is our Harbourfront trip (all day) and then the spring concert is in the evening. Children are to be at school by 6:15 pm.
Have a great weekend!

No comments: