Friday, April 8, 2011

Social Studies mini homework job

Dear Parents, I am finding that my Blog's writing is not co-operating as far as trying to use paragraphs and proper editing. Please bear with me! As you know we have been learning about Canada. I would like the children to do a mini research study using a web site that will be on the assignment that I send home for homework today. It is due on Thursday, April 14th. We are beginning a new unit in science on Animals. We will be looking at animal classification and different traits that are unique to the six animal groups. The children will be researching an animal of their choice and they will also be making their animal from clay. We are continuing with the Fairy Tale unit and it is progressing well. We will be putting together several plays of different fairy tales. This week we made our own class fairy tale and hopefully within the next several weeks we will be writing our own individual tales. In math, we are continuing to learn about addition with regrouping. Please continue to help your child memorize their addition facts to 20. I am going to start giving them a timed quiz each day to try and help them remember them. I am considering prizes for the most improved! Have a great weekend! Mrs. Seitz

No comments: